Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Definitely Not Meant To Be A Chef!

I’ve never been a great cook. My sister loves to tell everyone about the time I hollered for help because my thumbs were stuck in an egg I was trying to crack. My college friends will share that I cooked all my meals, and even their birthday cakes, in the microwave. My husband will tell you that for the first couple years that we were married, I frequently ruined meals & had to measure the amount of water to boil for macaroni & cheese. You get the idea…

While I’m not as terrible as I used to be, I’m still not fantastic. Most of my new recipes are failed attempts. Every once in a while, I’ll have a happy accident where I made it incorrectly, but it still tasted okay. Usually, I’ll tell my hubby I’m trying something new & he tries to hide a sigh. Sometimes he’s pleasantly surprised, but most of the time he’s right to be concerned.


Lately, I’ve been trying to eat healthier (think lots of smoothies & salads). I’m trying to give up grains & dairy, but it’s been difficult. My cupboard is now filled with coconut flour, arrowroot starch, tapioca flour, nutritional yeast & other ingredients that are foreign to me. Herbie & I are a bit skeptical that we can make a yummy “cheese” sauce with potatoes, carrots, & nutritional yeast. I’m sure we’ll let you know soon how that comes out! We will try anything once, so if you have a great recipe feel free to share it & I’ll be sure to post photos of Herbie helping me make it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment